SDH 474: How (and Why) to Tap Into Your Intuition
Hello friends! Welcome back to another episode of the She Did It Her Way podcast! In this episode I’m diving into how, and why, you need to learn to start tapping into and trusting your intuition and how doing this can get you to become the best version of your future self, right now.
WHAT IS IT?
Tapping into your intuition can also be known as listening to your inner voice. It is knowing. Rather than looking outside of ourselves for answers, we instead go inward. It isn’t necessarily what we hear, rather what we feel. It’s that gut feeling. Scientists have said that your intuition can make a decision so quickly that it doesn’t register at the conscious level. Sometimes it feels like knowing that logically, it may not make sense but intuitively it makes all the sense.
Learning to tap into and listen to your intuition is something that everyone is capable of. I believe it to be just like exercising a muscle. Over time, we can expand our capacity to trust our intuition by increasing the exercises and ability to listen and trust. Sometimes you may be nudged to do something and you don’t know why but rather than resisting the nudge because it doesn’t make logical sense, you follow it. You say yes to it.
Tapping into your intuition is something that most people struggle with at first because as humans we can be extremely logical in wanting to know everything and understand why. It requires us to let go of logic, going within ourselves, and trusting.
WHY AND BENEFIT?
Following those nudges can help us align ourselves with our passions, life goals, outcomes, the way we live our lives, and so much more. Imagine if you kept getting the feeling or nudge that something was off about your career. But you keep pushing because that’s what you think you should do, until one day you’re overworked, exhausted, burnt out, and finally have a breakdown. It is possible that your intuition nudged you but you didn’t hear it or didn’t want to hear it. Oftentimes we get these nudges but choose to ignore them because listening to them can be scary. It can be where we come face to face with our reality.
The benefit of listening to our intuition can help us align ourselves with the present in order to align us with our future self of tomorrow. Sometimes we don’t know exactly what our life may look like in 6 months or a year but if we can make decisions today that are intuitively led then we can trust that where we are right now is where we should be.
HOW TO START?
1. Create space. Part of the challenge of listening to our intuition is that there is so much noise that exists around us that it often makes it difficult to even hear. Sometimes it is about tuning out, to tune in. Limit input; whether that be a social media detox, news detox, reduce time on your cell phone, or creating constraints for less interruptions.
2. Listen. Listen and wait for those nudges. They can be as simple as deciding what to eat. If you’re not sure what to eat, ask yourself what feels right for you in that moment.
3. Feel, trust and follow your gut. When you listen, trust, and follow your gut you start to build up capacity and strengthen that muscle.
Until next time, keep doing it your way!
* “Scientists have said that your intuition can make a decision so quickly that it doesn’t register at the conscious level.“
* “Tapping into your intuition is something that most people struggle with at first because as humans we can be extremely logical in wanting to know everything and understand why.”
* “Following those nudges can help us align ourselves with our passions, life goals, outcomes, the way we live our lives, and so much more.”